The Family Giving Tree
Warehouse Process Training Cards
Part A - Unloading
1. Greet trucks and cars with appreciation.
2. Unload gifts into carts, move the carts into the warehouse and unload all the gifts into the large pile.
Part B – Moving Gifts
1. Each cart is marked with a range of zone numbers.
2. Take the gifts from the large pile and sort them into the carts that are each marked with a matching zone number.
3. Take these filled carts to the area in the warehouse marked with these zone numbers.
Part C – Rowing
1. Place gifts into rows in the correct green zone with the lowest ID # directly under the row sign, larger # toward the end of the row.
2. Duplicate gifts stay in the rows at this point. If you have duplicates, put the 2 on top of each other if possible.
At this point the gifts should be in rows, in numerical order according to the ID#.
Lowest to highest from the row sign up to the aisle.
1. Go to your supervisor to receive the WHITE “Inventory Sheet” at the Supervisor Kiosk.
2. Mark the Date and the Time (i.e. 12/01/09, 2pm) on the bottom of the “Inventory Sheet”.
3. Use the WHITE “Inventory Sheet” and start under the row sign.
4. Mark an “X” in the FIRST COLUMN of the WHITE “Inventory Sheet” for each gift that is in the row.
5. If there are two gifts with the same ID# in the row, put an “X” in BOTH COLUMNS. Leave the gifts in the row.
6. When finished, tape the WHITE “Inventory Sheet” under the row sign on the wall or tape it on the floor at the end of the row.
If you do not finish with your WHITE sheet, return it to the supervisor.
MARK & SEPARATE DUPLICATES
1. Look for gifts with the same ID#. Begin under the row sign and continue out to the aisle.
2. If you locate two gifts with the same ID#, use a BALL-POINT PEN to mark an “X” across the
3. Leave the wish card attached to the extra gift and move the extra gift to the end of the row.
Try to always leave the best gift in the row.
SHOP FOR MISSING GIFTS
1. Go to your supervisor to receive the GREEN “Shopping List” at the Supervisor Kiosk.
2. Check off boxes on the GREEN “Shopping List” to make sure all the gifts are there.
3. For each missing gift (blank squares represent missing gifts), copy the information from the missing line NEATLY onto a BLANK WISH CARD located on the supply carts.
4. Take the HAND-WRITTEN card into the STORE to find the replacement gift. If an exact match is not available, SUBSTITUTE something close as best you can.
5. TAPE the HAND-WRITTEN card to the replacement gift.
6. Return to the row and place the replacement gift in its proper spot (by ID#) and check off the gift on the GREEN “Shopping List”.
7. Tape the GREEN “Shopping List” at the end of the row when finished.
2 Bows on Agency sign = Agency definitely wants their gifts wrapped
1 Bow on Agency sign = Agency hasn’t specified wrapped or not wrapped
NO Bow on Agency sign = Agency does not want their gifts wrapped
1. Take the wish card off of the gift and SAVE IT!
2. Begin WRAPPING!!! The trainer will assign a wrapping area to you.
3. Once wrapped, make sure the wish card is firmly attached (taped) to the outside of the gift and put gift back in row according to the gift ID#.
If a gift is left at the wrapping station and not returned to its proper place in the row, a child might be missed!
We are only wrapping in rows that have completed the "Shopping" step.
Wrapping is not a mandatory step and will be skipped if we get behind.
Just like Santa, we make the list and CHECK IT TWICE!
This is a critical step!
We can’t miss a gift or a child will go without!
1. Go to your supervisor to receive the BLUE “Quality Assurance” sheet at the Supervisor Kiosk.
2. For each zone, check to ensure gifts are in numerical order by gift ID# (lowest number under the row sign; highest number by the aisle).
3. If you still can’t find the gift, make sure you go to the store to replace it!!! If you have to replace a gift, fill out a blank wish card. (Please refer to green sheet; steps 3-7 for shopping.)
BAG & ATTACH PACKING SLIPS
1. Go to your supervisor to receive the HOT PINK “Bagging/Packing Slips” at the Supervisor Kiosk.
2. Pick-up gifts in ID# order then place them in the plastic bags.
3. Cut the HOT PINK “Bagging/Packing Slip” cutting out only the gifts you have placed in the bag. For example, if you put gift ID#’s 1-10 in the bag, you cut out the “Bagging/Packing Slip” after ID# 10.
4. Once you cut the “Bagging/Packing Slip”, tape it really well to the outside of the bag!
5. Leave the finished bags in the row…you’re done!
If you do not finish with your HOT PINK sheet, return it to the supervisor.
1. The agency driver will let you know what agency they are from. The door supervisor will let you know what zone number to pick up.
2. Verify the zone number so that you grab all the correct bags. The zone number is on all of the hot pink packing slips which are taped to the plastic bags.
3. Put all of the bags into a cart and head to the dock where the agencies car is waiting. Verify with the door supervisor the recipient’s vehicle and load them up.
Remember to double check that you have all of the agencies gifts or a child might go without!