Leading a Holiday Wish Drive is rewarding and fun.
Thank you for your interest in the Holiday Wish Drive.
We have a visual guide that illustrates the Journey of a Wish—a high-level view of how wishes are fulfilled from beginning to end.
To provide a brief summary of how we operate: we vet and approve Bay Area non-profit agencies that support children, adults, and seniors in need to collect Holiday Wishes from those they serve. We print these wishes on individual cards and distribute them to companies and groups (i.e. Drive Leaders) so their members can purchase the requested wishes and deliver the gifts to us. We also enable online giving through our customizable Virtual Giving Tree donation pages to provide a contactless option of giving. These gifts are then distributed back to the agencies, who then distribute them to the individuals who made the wish.
The timeline for the Holiday Wish Drive is as follows:
- October 4 (now): Drive Leader Registration Open
- November 1- Virtual Giving Trees (VGTs) Go Live (you can start running your online drive at this point if you sign up for one)
- November 1- Priority Volunteer Registration for Drive Leaders Opens (this is optional if you'd like to volunteer in the warehouse)
- November 2 - Drive Leader Training Webinar (this is optional but highly recommended. We'll share information that will help make leading a Drive easier)
- November 3 - Drive Material Mailings and pick-ups begin (Pick-up will be available in Milpitas only.)
- November 8 - Drive Leader Training Webinar (This is optional but highly recommended. We'll share information that will help make leading a Drive easier)
- Mid-November - Public volunteer Registration Opens (this is when all of the warehouse volunteer opportunities will fill up quickly)
- December 5-7 - Donation Drop-Offs (All gifts due to warehouse by December 8.)*
- January 12 - VGTs end
- February 8 - Drive Leader Appreciation Event (tentative date)
When you register for a Drive, you will be able to specify how many wish cards you would like to receive and make a request for marketing collateral such as posters to display (limited quantities will be available, but we will have resources online for you as well).
Enjoy a brief video tour of our 2019 warehouse and see the smiles on kids' faces because of the hundreds of Drive Leaders who work on our behalf.