Let’s spread a little sunshine with school supplies.
Why should adults get to have all the fun? Give your friends and neighbors an excuse to do some shopping and do some good.
Over 350,000 K-12 students in the Bay Area have a hard time getting the supplies they need to do their school work throughout the year. There may be kids in your own neighborhood that need that little extra help to learn better, so consider paying it forward to a fellow student. Give them the chance to have a great school year with a brand new backpack and school supplies.
You know that warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you get a brand new pencil pouch or fresh set of pens or markers? You can spread that warm sunshine-like feeling to other students too! Become a Drive Leader and start paying it forward today. Collect new school supplies and backpacks from your friends, family, neighbors, nearby businesses, and bring joy to other kids as they get ready to start the new school year AND help restock them throughout the school year.
How to Get Started
When you sign up as a Drive Leader (have someone older than 18 click on the link below and help you get registered if you are under 18), we’ll give you everything you need to lead your Drive: school supply lists, backpack size and color ideas, backpack tags, instructions, logos, and more.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- Collect new pencils, rulers, markers, paper, etc. through a School Supply Drive (see the items students need here)
- Request backpack tags or download them from our website and run a backpack collection Drive in the neighborhood, calling on neighbors with the help of a guardian older than 18 if you are under 18
- Run a Drive with friends and/or classmates and collect filled backpacks for the age group or grade that you’ll be going into
- Set up a “shopping spree” group event at a store where school supplies and backpacks are sold
- Run an online donation campaign through a custom Virtual Giving Tree (July-Sept) like this one or using a donation page (Sept-April) created just for you
Once you’re done collecting, get your over 18 friends (if you're under 18) and family to help bring the donations back to us, and we’ll get them to the kids that need them! Have an adult schedule a drop-off appointment with us by emailing [email protected].
More Good News!
Just like you need new pencils and paper as the school year goes on, these other students do too. The good news is that you can run a school supply collection drive all year long to help make sure students from low-income families have the supplies they need.