Make a Difference!
Help equip students to rise to new heights.
A Drive Leader is Family Giving Tree’s primary contact and the key to each Drive’s success.
Through your drive, you can collect Backpacks filled with school supplies, host a Virtual Giving Tree (VGT) and allow folks to shop for a backpack online or do a combination of both! But either way, you'll be equipping students with the tools they need to pursue their education.
Who can be a Drive Leader?
Anyone who is part of a group—a business, school, family, social club, or friends—and wants to help students-in-need in the community can lead a Drive. We work with Drive Leaders every step and provide all the tools needed to make each Drive a success.
Role of a Drive Leader
As a Drive Leader, you will…
- Register your group for each Drive.
- Facilitate donations and participation within your group by posting wish cards in a well-traveled area or distributing them to friends and colleagues, or hosting a customizable Virtual Giving Tree (VGT), or both.
- Collect and deliver the donated backpacks to Family Giving Tree’s warehouse or, if you are using the VGT, promote your VGT to fund backpacks purchased by FGT. Or do both
- Receive priority when signing up for Family Giving Tree's in-demand warehouse volunteer shifts.
- Have a direct impact on your own community.
For more information, check out our Journey of a Backpack infographic and visit our How it Works page.
If you still have questions or are interested in learning more about becoming a Drive Leader please contact email@example.com.