Currently, the following position is open at Family Giving Tree. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume, and samples to [email protected] and include the position for which you are applying. Three work amples are requested: long-form writing (ex.: email, blog, website content), social media post(s), graphic design and/or videos.
Family Giving Tree Mission and Vision
Family Giving Tree's envisions a world where every child is made to feel like a valuable and empowered part of their community through a shared belief in the power of giving. This is accomplished by fulfilling the exact holiday wishes and providing backpacks filled with school supplies to those children in the most need in our communities while inspiring the values of kindness, philanthropy, and volunteerism.
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator for Content Creation
Reports to: Marketing Communications Director
Hours: Part-time, 20-22 hours/week (with the potential for conversion to full-time in Spring 2022) Monday through Friday, evenings, and weekends as needed.
Want to help make a difference in the lives of thousands of Bay Area children and families in need? Our highly regarded nonprofit is looking for a passionate and dedicated Marketing Coordinator and Content Creator who will continue to improve and enhance a strong, growth-focused marketing program aligned with the mission and vision of Family Giving Tree (FGT).
Summary of position:
As a member of the Marketing Team, the Marketing Coordinator for Content Creation will have primary responsibility for social media, digital marketing graphics, and creative content, and aid the organization with graphic design and short video production. The candidate will have fresh ideas on the best means to effectively present FGT messaging to keep the organization foremost in the minds of our volunteers, supporters, and partners through effective and on-brand content creation across social media, blogs, emails, and other digital vehicles. At the same time, he or she will work closely with the Community Marketing Coordinator to enlarge social reach and effectiveness and the Community Outreach and Membership Coordinator with improving the Drive Leader program, its assets, and communication tools.
Manage Creative Requests
Donation page designs and Development direct mail and flyer creation
Holiday Wish and Back-to-School Drive collateral creation and revisions
Handle website requests and updates and participate in future site redesign
Assist with email graphics and design
Social Content Creation
Create images and designs for annual Drives promotion
Curate Look and feel of educational posts
Provide engaging off-season content creation to support the FGT brand
Video Content and Production
Design and create storytelling pieces
Produce short-form videos and reels
Build brand awareness pieces
Assist with collecting video content at annual and other events
Assist Marketing and other teams with new initiatives
Kids Pay It Forward
Student restock Program
This hourly position is based in Milpitas, CA with some travel throughout the Bay. The current job specs require approximately 20-22 hours per week with additional hours and responsibilities as assigned, including various support roles during warehouse operations in August and December. Vacations are traditionally not scheduled in November or December, except for Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. August vacations are dependent on the workload.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use fingers and hands to reach, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Strong graphic design skills
• Understanding of social media space and trends
• Must be a creative self-starter who can see what needs to be done, then plan and execute with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, and high attention to detail. Projects often require a quick turn on short notice.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Approach challenges with a positive attitude.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google suite and online design software
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing communications, digital marketing, social media, advertising, or similar field preferred.
• The employee may be required to use their personal vehicle for work, travel to and from meetings, and to transport FGT collateral materials, gifts, or donations.
• A good driving record and be insured or have the ability to use public transportation to attend meetings and gatherings.
• Video production experience, knowledge of MailChimp and Joomla, and/or HTML, CSS experience is a plus
• A basic understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and experience with creating content with inclusionary language is a plus.
- Flexible work schedule (in consultation with the Director of Marketing)
- Pet-friendly office
- Family-friendly, team-oriented employee culture
Employment for this position is contingent on the candidate providing proof of the COVID-19 vaccination. Family Giving Tree will not reimburse for relocation expenses.